How to Integrate Gravity Forms with 10 Easy Steps
Pardot includes a powerful progressive form builder and a WordPress plugin. This makes integrating the Marketing automation tool with your WordPress website a breeze. However, there are times when we need to rely on forms with additional external functions to streamline business processes, such as e-commerce, external data validation, or integration with other 3rd-party services.
While the Pardot plugin for WordPress is an quick way to get new forms integrated into WordPress sites, often times we need allow Pardot to connect with existing forms, or forms that are tied to advanced functions outside of progressive profiling or lead generation.
With Form Handlers in Pardot, you can pass through data collected with Gravity Forms and also integrate your Pardot completion actions with the same forms. It’s very quick and easy to setup, and allows you to unlock the power of Gravity forms directly within your Pardot Account.
How it’s Done:
- Login to Pardot and create a Form Handler: Marketing -> Forms -> Form Handlers. (Tip: Give your Form Handler a descriptive name. I’d recommend including GravityForm somewhere in the naming convention for easy organization)
- Set the Success and Error Locations in your Pardot Form Handler and check the box to enable data forwarding (Tip: Error location can be – referring URL, I always use a “Specific URL” for Success Location with Gravity Forms, and link to a ΓÇÿthankyou.html’ page)
- In the “Form Fields” section. Map all fields being used in the Gravity Form to the Form Fields in the Form Handler. (More info on Mapping fields)
- Select Save Form Handler
- Once saved, copy the endpoint URL for the Form Handler (your form handler code). You’ll use this URL as a location for Gravity Forms to send the data. NOTE: For e-commerce forms, or HTTPS pages, use the https endpoint URL.
- Create a New Gravity Form in WordPress. Be sure to add an email address field and make it a required field
- Head back over to your Gravity Form and edit the default confirmation. Settings -> Confirmations
- Confirmation Type should be Redirect and the Redirect URL will be the Endpoint URL from your Pardot Form Handler
- Check the box for “Pass Field Data via Query String”
- Add all of the fields to be sent to Pardot. Be sure to include the Pardot parameter names and separate each field with an “&” (see below)
To test your Form Handler, complete your gravity form. If you have a new Prospect in your Form Handler – it works!
Be sure to check all prospect data you are collecting in Pardot, to confirm everything is getting Passed from Gravity Form